Katie told me to write down what her expectations were and as I began I thought, "this isn't so bad". But as our conversation continued I slowly realized where all this was all headed, and where my life in general is headed - a journey deeper into service-submission; one in which her life will be pretty much free from the daily duties of life and mine quite busy taking care of our home and her once we marry.
Prior to last night's discussion. I mentioned that I thought her list would be most beneficial to me if it dealt not only with chores she felt I should do but also developed those habits and attitudes she wanted to cultivate in me in preparation for our life together as a married couple. What she came up with is a good start in achieving those objectives. What I am also coming to realize is the emotional impact that her style of submission is likely to have. Underlying the overt expectations she wants me to perform is the bigger issue of focus. She wants me thinking about her - all the time and wherever I am.
For example, as we discussed the chore of cleaning up after dinner she initially said she wanted the kitchen clean before bed. I asked if that was going to be the expectation when married. Without hesitation she said 'no', but noted that her hesitation had to do with her feelings for me; that she knew there would be times when I might want to watch a ballgame or rush in and rush out to an event. In the end, she decided that sacrificing my wants in order to meet her expectations was for a greater good as well as a good reminder that we a re indeed in a D/s love-relationship. I asked if I could call her to ask permission to clean up in lieu of doing something else. She agreed to that but said that would be the exception rather than the rule.
So, here is the list. I anticipate it will grow over time as the other one has. I'm always interested in your comments and criticisms so feel free to address anything here.
- Each day I am to shower and shave (face and genitals), make the bed and reattach the CB6000 that I removed to shave.
- I am to rise early enough to get breakfast - something I tend not to do as I typically am fine just with a nice cup of coffee. I can leave those dishes rinsed and in the sink to be washed when returning home after work.
- I am to call her every morning while driving to work, regardless of time.
- I am to keep the apartment clean and presentable at all times by doing the following:
- Whenever I change I am to put all clothes on hangers, in the dresser or laundry.
- I am to clean the kitchen immediately after dinner. This includes cleaning the counter top and stove, sweeping the floor and washing, drying and putting away all dishes.
- On a weekly basis I am to clean the following:
- Bathroom (toilet, sink, shower and floor)
- Vacuum carpets
- Dust all furniture and any areas where dust may gather with a damp cloth
- Clean the microwave.
- Monthly I am to clean the refrigerator.
- Three times a week I am to lift weights to maintain my fitness.
- I am to go to bed as soon as she tells me regardless of what I am doing.
- I am to read Bible passages to her and discuss them.
- I am to get a plant and maintain it beginning this fall once my summer travel schedule comes to an end.
We have yet to delve into financial discussions, which I am certain she will have an opinion on but that is for a later time in our lives and I still have much freedom to do what needs to be done while at work and during weekends. However, I can see other duties and attitudes on the horizon but will wait for her to inform me of what they will be and when they will be instituted. Till then, I'm so hers! - and loving every moment of my submission to her loving dominance.
I wonder what your feelings are as you compare your life to mine (or hers). Love to hear your thoughts.
Til next time,