Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Expanding my culinary repertoire

This past Friday I made my weekly trek to visit Katie who now lives so much closer than before. On Saturday she left for a wedding, not to return until Sunday afternoon.  I had a lot of free time on my hands to shop, clean, relax and try my hand at making one of Katie's favorite dishes - Lasagna.  Not knowing how to cook this I typed the phrase "best lasagna recipes" and began searching. I soon found 'the worlds best lasagna recipe' and read the reviews. Printing off the ingredients I headed to the to grocery store to purchase those items not in the house. 

What fun it was mixing ingredients, cooking up a fantastic red sauce and compiling all together - layer by layer. Just before she arrived home on Sunday I had a bouquet of roses on the table, with the lasagna displayed in the foreground - and all of my pots, pans, and mess cleaned up.

Her reaction was the best and made the effort so worthwhile.  We haven't eaten it yet as we had plans for a Sunday dinner with friends but the flavors are blending and readying themselves for when I thaw it and pop it in the oven to enjoy.
I'm Hers

No comments:

Post a Comment