Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A few thoughts on the poll

The results of the poll were much as I had suspected with many more men voting than women.  A few things did surprise me with the first being the age of those voting.  I had anticipated most coming to this webpage would be younger guys but in fact 2/3's of those voting were over the age of 40.  How interesting.  That really took me by surprise but maybe it just takes time for men and women to really come to grips with who they are relationally (sub/domme/vanilla, etc).

The other surprise, and this was a pleasant one, was the number of 'vanilla' guys that voted - almost 1/5th of male respondents.  What I liked about that figure was that it is evidence that there are men that are seeking alternative ways of relating to the woman in their life.  For those of you that read this blog I want you to know that I am a service sub.  I would say that I am also a masculine service sub and not one into crossdressing, make-up, being feminized and the such.  If that is who you are then I invite you to continue to stop by.  If it isn't well, I'd love to have you read and comment regardless but you may find other blogs more helpful and easier to identify with than this one.

As an aside to the above comment, I really did appreciate Kathy's most recent comment on that topic.  Her view is that we are quickly losing 'masculinity' from our society and in her mine there is much value to that.  As I read her post I too thought of how quickly boys are not the same boys as when I grew up.  They are more mild, less likely to spend the day wrestling, playing cops and robbers, army, building tree-forts, arguing and just being boys (in all their good and bad aspects) than what is typically found today.  As much as I know that I did so many stupid things as a kid like throwing tomatoes at houses, burning ants, steeling water melons from Farmer Walt's melon patch, lying about going over Tommy's house when I really biked with him miles from home, there is value about cultivating that adventurous, independent, fearless side of a guys personality.  Why, because I think in the end it builds the desire to protect the woman they eventually become linked to.

In my mind, I would not hesitate in the least to standing my ground to defend the woman I am committed to, even if it meant being pummeled by a man of greater prowess.  Somewhere in the growing up years that value needs to be developed, even if a man ends up submitting to a woman and lets her assume the authority figure in his life.

Well, I'm getting off topic here and will leave this for a later blog post.

I wish all of those that take the time to read the happiest of life as we ring in the new year in just a few days.
Cheers

3 comments:

  1. You wrote: The other surprise, and this was a pleasant one, was the number of 'vanilla' guys that voted - almost 1/5th of male respondents. What I liked about that figure was that it is evidence that there are men that are seeking alternative ways of relating to the woman in their life.

    People are exposed to all kind of sexual things with the Net and often it's not for the best. But one great advantage is that it allows people to learn and develop an open mindness regarding sexuality that can be beneficial to their marriage/Long Term Relationship.

    For those of you that read this blog I want you to know that I am a service sub. I would say that I am also a masculine service sub and not one into crossdressing, make-up, being feminized and the such.
    Ditto for me and my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Ric C there is both much good and much gad on the web. Hopefully our blogs fall into the first category although I know there are those out there that would put it in the latter one. I don't know about you but my submission is all about making my relationship richer and not kinkier. If I could convey that thought in my writings and help others see that submitting to a woman is a very very good thing I would be a happy guy

    ReplyDelete
  3. @I'm-Hers: You wrote: I don't know about you but my submission is all about making my relationship richer and not kinkier. If I could convey that thought in my writings and help others see that submitting to a woman is a very very good thing I would be a happy guy

    Same for me. I'm very happy to have found like minded man and I hope we'll be able to enrich our blogs/path by reading/commenting each other. My wife and I once did couples'counselling and our objective was to help others while making ourselves grow from sharing with others. Working our new dynamic is thrilling but as a matter of fact for the sexual part it's all about focusing my sexual energy towards servicing my wife and renewing our romantic love than doing/thinking kinky stuff.

    ReplyDelete