Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Katie's Gifts to Me

I think I sometimes give the impression that all I do is work for Katie and all she does is sit around and enjoy the fruits of my labor. That is not completely true. It got me thinking about all that Katie does for me; you know, all those things that make me feel loved and secure and complete. Well, last weekend I was in an all day meeting and this topic came to mind so I started writing down a list. Here is what I came up with. I'm sure there is more but this is a good start:

Katie's gifts to me:

1. My chief love language, like Katie's, is touch and we do lots of it. She is very affectionate. She holds me, loves me, cuddles and touches me, fondles me, etc. My 'touch tank' is completely full due to the affection she expresses daily.

2. I've lived a life mostly functioning from paycheck to another. Katie now is the one responsible for our finances. I've transferred my employment funds so that they go directly into her account. Many write how 'submissive' it is to do that but for me it is an immense relief. She pays all the bills. She takes care of our budget. She decides what we spend our money on. She handles all that. Me, I just work and get my $40/month allowance.  The rest is all hers to manage.  I love that gift! I have no more worries. I know she is capably in charge of our finances. What a wonderful thing it is to just let go and trust.

3. Katie handles our social life. She tells me when we will be ging out for meals and when she wants to just stay home and crash. She decides if we will be getting together with another couple, or with a girlfriend of hers for a drink. Setting up social functions, planning outings, going to a movie, concert, etc is her primary responsibility. It's not that I don't have a part in this aspect of life and it's not that I don't suggest, but the majority of what we do outside the home is hers to manage. She does a great job balancing time with others with ample alone time for just the two of us. She is the one that now says 'no' when our schedules get overbooked or conflicts arise. Me, all I now do when offers to go here or there are made by friends is to let them know I will ask Katie and see if she wants to take part.

4. Katie does most of the shopping. On weekends we will shop together but during the week she will pick up miscellaneous food items, prescriptions, gifts, cards, or other things we need.

5. As a man, I am visually stimulated and Katie is quite attractive. She takes care of her body. She exercises several times a week and the dividends from her exercise program are all mine to enjoy. I love her body. Her body overwhelms me. It is a treasure to hold, cuddle, and embrace her. She feels wonderful.

6. Katie has accepted her position as the domiant partner. As her sub she gives me the gift of allowing me to serve her. I can sugar coat this but won't. What that means is that I do those tasks around the house that she doesn't enjoy doing. I cook, vacuum, and do the laundry. I open doors, I carry items when shopping, I clean the cat litter daily (and hairball vomits :), etc. We live unequally. It's how we both want to live. It's satisfying when she tells me what she wants (and it's frustrating when she goes ahead and does things that I could easily do for her). Those times are becoming less frequent as she is slooooowly getting use to speaking her mind and letting me know what she wants.

7. Katie let's me watch professional football games! She is not a football fan. She really doesn't understand the game. She doesn't know the strategy of the game, yet she will sit with me and watch a game on a Sunday afternoon.  Now we aren't tied to the TV every Sunday but if we are home and I ask, she will most always turn on the TV and watch a game with me.

8. In my last post I commented that Katie denied me yet another day, even when I asked if I could cum. Yet I am satisfied sexually because we both enjoy sex. We are close often. Everytime we are it fills me. It draws me close. It reinforces to me that I satisfy her sexually. I now enjoy sex both for the feelings that I feel but also because our times of intimacy satisfy her.  They are mutual gifts we give to one another but she has given me the gift of learning that I can receive fulfillment by pleasuring her, even when I don't get to feel that momentary elation that comes with ejaculation.

9. I am an outdoor kind of a guy and Katie is too. We aren't hardcore and I've definitely softened as I've aged but we enjoy walking. We love to camp. Someday I'm hoping to convince her to try a backpacking trip with me. I need to find a trail that has flush toilets and showers as that would make selling this venture more appealing to her. :)  I know that if I can get Katie in the backcountry to see sights that few ever see that she will be sold on this. It's a hope and it would be an incredible gift for her to give me and one that I think she would really enjoy doing.

10. Katie admires what I do prefessionally and she is very supportive in that regard. She often compliments me and reminds me of how good I am with what I do. I know those comments are sincere and I do appreciate knowing that she views my skills and talents with admiration.

11. Katie is my best friend. She is my partner, my love, and she takes time to be with me lots - like all the time. Often I need to take long trips and Katie will talk to me on the phone for hours at a time if she is free. Once I had a 15 hour drive home after working all day and she stayed up the entire night talking to me until I arrived. If she is free, she enjoys joining me on trips, even if it means that she has nothing to do and has to find things to occupy her time for the majority of the day. I love her company. We've always enjoyed being connected at the hip, so to speak, as we get lots of time to talk, share and just enjoy one anothers' company.

I'm sure there are other gifts but those came after just a few minutes of thinking about her. As you can see, I have it pretty easy as a submissive man.

I'm Hers

13 comments:

  1. What an awesome relationship. While most may categorize your relationship as a FLR, I find it to be rather balanced and complimentary. Both of you assume responsibilities to reflect your strengths and also tackle items that minimizes the stress of daily life. Kudos to a wonderful and symbiotic marriage.

    Shades

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read my comment and just wanted to clarify that I was not suggesting you don't have a FLR. I didn't convey my thoughts very well, so sorry if It came across wrong.

      It is difficult to express but I will try again. I believe a FLR or any other dynamic is awesome if it works well for the couple and both are happy and desire it. I fully support FLRs and desire one for myself but I also think they get a bad rap sometimes when people take a strict one-sided approach to what a FLR should or should not be.

      I think your post was an excellent example how you have balance in your relationship even though it is an FLR. Marriages are tough and take a lot of work. I applaud you for finding your marriage groove. Your FLR works b/c you and Katie are strive to meet each other's needs.

      Not sure if I made any more sense but wanted you to know that you have a great thing going.

      Take care,

      Shades

      Delete
    2. Shades,
      I love seeing first-time posters. Thank you and I hope you stop back often to share thoughts. I share your views - that marriages are work - that each marriage is different - that what works for one couple won't necessarily work for another - that their needs to be some kind of balance, albiet that it may be signficantly skewed in D/s relationships. I'm glad we found our 'way'. It took some time and a whole lot of talking to get us where we are.

      Thanks again for your thoughts.

      Delete
  2. I would not trade my guy for all of the alpha men in the world.


    Love, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I respect you and John more than you realize. What you two have is special and how you both have shared on your blog is of more value to all of us that have yet to live the years as the Mistress wife and Slave you two have. Thank you. And for that reason I fully understand why you'd never want to have an alpha man as your husband. Blessings to you!

      Delete
  3. Wow.
    So close to what I desire.
    A lot of resonance here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment. We must be kindred folk, eventhough we are half a world apart.

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed this post as I feel it is so important that a dominant partner also uphold their part in the balance of the D/s dynamic and as a couple. It sounds like you found your perfect match as did I. Even while I can be very strict and devious I am always doing sweet things for Jay too. If I am out and see something I think he would like I get it. I send him home with homemade frozen meals he can eat when we are apart. I listen and let him vent about his work stress. When he stays at my home with me I often make his coffee for him. There are lots of sweet things that a Mistress can do for her slave or sub but still remain the dominant partner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Christina, I think that is so cool that you and Jay have found such a wonderful D/s relationship at so young an age. I hope it grows and I hope it lasts. What you two have that we will never have is time to live a life this way if you both choose to do so. That is a really cool thought. Thanks for sharing. I find that stories, even as brief as what you wrote here, provide windows into the heart and lives of others. I can tell you have a generous and caring heart.

      Delete
  5. That sounds a lot like the kind of relationship my Knight and I have when I give proper attention to leading. My Knight and I are happiest when we can be 'attached at the hip' as you put it. I think, in our case, FLR helps foster that attachment. It's taking me a long time to learn this new way of being, but I'm getting there... Thanks, in part, to reading about you and Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angelique,
    Thank you for your compliment. We are just as new at this as you are. Maybe what you were really saying is that when the two of you focus on one another purposely, the two of you are happiest. Isn't it that way with most things? Love your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Mr. SH. I appreciate you taking the time to read it and comment.

    ReplyDelete