Friday, July 5, 2013

Food Clothing and Shelter

This summer Katie and I went camping in the Adirondacks – the largest park in the country (I believe). We left home in the summer and got out of the car in NY in late spring.  It was cold up there.  Not only that but it was rainy.  We camped for several days in our small 3-person tent and for all but one day, the day we traveled, it rained. 

It was beautiful however. There is something to be said for the quiet beauty of camping and eating alone on a lake that is inhabited by Loons, visited by a pair of Osprey, a Mallard every now and then and of course about 10,000 black flies.  Katie had never experienced a New England spring where black flies abound about from early May til Late June.  Those little buggers bite. You don’t feel them until the next day until the bitten areas start to itch.  I made the novice mistake of wearing ankle socks under my jeans.  The next morning I noticed about a hundred bites just above the sock line.  I should have known better.

On most days we were dressed with long pants, long sleeves, rain jacket and pants, often a hat and typically a fleece top under the rain gear.  At night we hit the bathroom, hoping we’d make it through the night without having to get out in the rain to visit the facilities some 50 yards away in the pitch black of the night.

We were comfi in our beds. I ordered really comfortable sleeping pads for both of us and rigged some coupling straps to keep them together so we could be rest on the pad in our double sleeping bag rather than have the mattresses slip apart.  I was hoping for some hanky-panky while camping but it never happened.  I love sleeping in the woods.  It’s quiet. It’s peaceful. The loons sound wonderful when they call after dark. But Katie was in survival mode.  This became more of a time to try and stay comfortable than a time of thriving in the backcountry.  We got back to basics instead.  We slept. We stayed dry. We stayed warm. I cooked and cleaned up afterward. We did some things out in the rain during the day that we had planned – hikes – but it wasn’t like being at home with air conditioning, ovens and sinks, tables and soft sofas.

As a result sex got put on the back burner – maybe it would be better stated that sex wasn’t even considered while we slept in our tent.  It wasn’t even a possibility. The ‘door of delight’ was not an option for me.  Nada. Keep out. Closed for the season. Beat it. Don’t even go there. Beware of dog. You get the idea – she wasn’t into making love at that time.

After we left the State Park we headed to a less primitive location and slept in a cabin.  There was a bed. No electricity and no heat but there was a hot shower, a toilet, a sink, and a queen size mattress.  Katie felt better. Not all better, but better. She was a bit more receptive but still no good stuff was about to happen.  Finally we moved up another rung on the ladder when we moved to a third stop on my trip and slept in a real hotel room.  Ahh, heat, a tub, white towels, privacy.  The signs came down. Her engine started.  Life was good for those two nights.  Really good.

Such was our trip up north.  We had a great time – really we did. But it was a time in which priorities were altered. Sex wasn’t on the top of Katie’s agenda. It wasn’t in the forefront of her mind. Making sure that I kept her warm, dry and fed were the priorities of the day, especially when the rain just kept on coming – not hard rain but rain all day long.  My role moved from feeling all submissive to just taking care of my Katie.  Katie’s mind migrated from keeping me under her thumb with regard to being affectionate with her to making sure that I provided those basic necessities of life. Sex happened to not be one of them and to tell you the truth, I really didn’t miss it although I would have welcomed it should she had been in the mood.

We left the woods with memories. It was beautiful.  Katie left with reminders as well – several black fly bites on her face and neck. At the airport we said our goodbyes for awhile and she headed back to civilization while I ventured back to work in the woods. 

I’m Hers

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. It reminds me that I need a similar recharge, in a simpler setting of the world. Perhaps I will skip the camping and go straight to the hotel ( even though I love camping) but I am sure Jessica would put up the same signs you described.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eric, there is nothing recharging your emotional battery by getting away from it all and enjoying time in the woods, desert or wilderness. Although your Miss Jessica may not be one that would thrive in that environment, I'm sure she'd reflect back on her time there with you as one that will be quite memorable and there will be a lure implanted for her to want to return again at a future time. I think you need to take her someplace fun like that in the near future :)

      Delete
  2. Go Eric, take her to the back woods and let her enjoy nature as it was intended to be enjoyed. Even without the sex, we still made great memories ..... and she's even interested in going back again. Time really is a healer - as Shakespeare once noted - I think in 12th Night :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric, You are so right. I'm sure Jessica would clamp that door as tightly closed as Katie did give the fact that she was dealing with cool, damp, wet, soaking, mosquito and black fly a part of her every day. LOL But, as I said, we had a great time - outside of the bedroom. I don't know where you live but nearly every part of the country has those 'beautiful spots' to go visit - and it sure beats watching TV all weekend. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Favor, I don't see where you have a subscribe by email box on your blog. It is a gadget that google offers so readers can get a copy of your post to read in their emails and that would make it so much easier for my slave to be able to read your posts.

    Think you could add that feature?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mistress Marie, How do I do it? In the meantime I"ll check it out and see if I can figure it out myself. Thanks for letting me know about this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The gadget is up and running. Thanks for suggesting it Mistress Marie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you figured it out, I was a little busy at the time and couldn't tell you how to add it at that moment. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for adding the email subscribe link.

    I also wanted to express my thanks for your advice and support. We now have an FLR in place and my workload is increasing. I have discovered that I really enjoy being given tasks. Goal now is twofold: first to serve at a high level so my Queen both gets used to and enjoys my submission (so will never give it up) and secondly for her to deepen my submission (and I recognise similar desires to those you expressed in an earlier piece about how you'd like Ms Katie to express her dominance more). It's sad that Ms Kathy and Ms Amanda have closed their blogs, there seem few places for a new Queen to turn to for support I'd really hoped Ms Amanda's writing on training her husband would have helped my Queen.

    Thanks for your support and encouragement

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hearts desire, I'm happy to support you in any way you wish. To be honest, I'm not sure how I am but am assuming it's via our small comments back and forth in past days. I would think that more than anything, your wife would enjoy you helping more around the home. Hopefully she understands that not only can she have you do more - which is basically the role of a slave - but that she can also dominate you and do so with a bit of flirtatiousness and fun, and also keep you denied and control the bedroom activities to boot.

    I miss Kathy's blog as well. I think people have more of an impact on others than they sometimes know. Kathy's blog was one such blog. As for Ms Amanda, I don't know of her blog other than know that there is an Amanda on Worshipping your wife that writes - I'm assuming she will post again in the future. You may want to go back and read the archives in that blog as there is much written by Mark over the years with respect to femdom/WLM. Stop by again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello IH,

    I liked how you admit that your camping trip was not all about sex, though that would have certainly been welcome. That's a good life lesson for all of us; to take care of our Mistress' basic needs first, and that what She values may be much different that what we men value. I am learning a lot from my fellow subs, notably to get the right things done, remembering to be a great listener, expressing gratitude to my Superior woman and being very patient as she finds her Dominant style.

    Thank you, gentlemen, for sharing your thoughts. After a four-day weekend of joyful service, hard work and toe-nail painting, we didn't have sex but my Mistress did call me names which put me on such a high. She called me Princess several times and said I was a 'Cunt Licker' and 'Cunt Sucker'. My demure, lovely Wife is learning how to male me feel good while exerting her feminine power over me!

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  10. HersubScott, You know, in reality, our camping trip wasn't at all about sex when we planned it. It was all about she and I being together and spending more time together as opposed to being apart during a time when I had to travel. Now when we are together, sex is always an option - at least it's always a hope in my mind - but what happens, if anything, is always dependent on what Katie wants or doesn't want at the time. To lay in bed, listen to the sounds of the night - the rain, the loons, the breeze and be snuggled together, warm an comfortable in our sleeping bag (it's a double one so we sleep together) is more than enough to keep us both happy - even without anything more. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete