Friday, July 19, 2013

Submission and Symbols

I’ve been thinking about the importance of symbolism with respect to my submission.  Mostly the chores or deference I show her have to do with the little things that make up life; things like never asking her if its time to go home when out with others, opening doors for her, helping her on with her coat, jacket or sweater, cooking meals and cleaning up after while she relaxes, folding laundry in the den while she sits and enjoys watching me perform this small chore,  locking up each morning after I shower and shave my body so it is smooth and hair-free, just as she likes it, refraining from orgasm when we make love, etc. Symbols, or acts of service, that demonstrate my submission to her are so important to me.

A segment of a post in a recent Worshipping Your Wife blog got me thinking about this when Ms Amanda wrote how she told her husband George that she now expects him to sit on the floor beneath her when she comes home from work and massage her feet rather than sit next to her on the sofa as he had been doing. I loved that idea. That change in routine to one of now sitting on the floor struck a chord. It was that one comment that got me thinking about the physical position of George in relation to his dominant wife.  She owns him. She rules their home. She loves him dearly, yet she expects him to conform to her desires, dictates and commands.

I don’t know why but when I read that comment I envisioned myself in a position of submission with respect to Katie. It wasn’t an image of me sitting on the floor beneath her. Rather, I immediately felt as if I needed to ask her if she would like me to wait by her bedside, so I could kiss her, tuck her in and then ask if she would like a massage.  I don’t know where that thought came from as I’ve never had that inkling before, yet it’s something I felt I needed to ask, and ask I did. I texted her while I was away working earlier this summer.  She liked the idea and agreed that I should begin this routine as soon as I returned home. It’s not a big deal but it is another gesture of respect. It is another symbol of my love and desire to keep her first and foremost in my life.  I do hope she enjoys this knowing she has a man that will wait every night, no matter how long it takes for her to ready herself for bed.

 I promised to obey her and I intend to do just that. Maybe this is simply a step along a path of me becoming even more submissive to her as my dominant partner. Waiting is an act of love as well as one of obedience.  Men are such visual creatures.  Being told to sit on the floor and massage a woman’s feet while she relaxes in her favorite chair, or stand and wait patiently for her to come to bed, or massage her to sleep while she rests comfortably, or bow when a finger is snapped, or clear the table when a subtle hand gesture is made are all powerful symbols of a woman’s’ dominance and control over the man she owns. These behavioral patterns reinforce the power differential between husband and wife. These commands that require an immediate response move from the realm of novel to normal behavior when repeated again and again.

Submission is a way of life. One can never submit too much to the woman that loves her service-submissive. Her love for him is his shield of protection against abuse and disregard.  Everything I do for Katie, or rather, everything that Katie has me do for her are expressions of love. Massaging her once she’s in bed will now serve as the final chore of my day. Since asking about this latest request Katie has had me massage her every night for over an hour with the exception of one night. She’s enjoyed my service and I have enjoyed providing it. It’s been a win-win close time for both of us. What has been so nice has been the unexpected. When Katie comes to bed, she shuts the light off in the room. She is wearing only her robe, I feel her when she comes close in the black of night, I remove her robe and we embrace and kiss passionately. I ask usually and if I don’t ask soon enough she’s gotten into the habit of asking me, “now what is it that you are going to ask of me tonight?”  And so I ask if I can massage her and of course she tells me she would. It’s a beautiful end to our day. She climbs into bed. I climb in after. I sit and stroke her body first with my hand and then with oil. She moves from side to stomach as she wishes and I move to accommodate her.  I love it, even if I am dead tired after a long day. Serving her is the best, and the gift she gives me is the reminder that she is all-powerful and all controlling with respect to our relationship, marriage and run of our home. It’s how a woman should feel and it’s how a man should feel about his wife.

I’m Hers

7 comments:

  1. What I believe is the duty and also the privilege of a man in a FLM is to both 'wait on' and 'wait for' the lady in his life.

    Understanding the male's need for service is very difficult for women who have been brought up with the idea of equality in marriage.

    Learning to enjoy a submissive spouse takes time. It is like learning to ride a two wheel bicycle. Once you get it, the ability to enjoy the ride never goes away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think Katie is sloowly learning to 'ride this bike' but, like you mentioned, it has taken some time. What I have enjoyed so much is knowing just how loved I am by a woman that I know is the head of our marriage and controls what I am permitted/restricted. I find great peace in that knowledge as does she in knowing she has such control Blessings to you Ms Kathy

      Delete
    2. I do think Katie is sloowly learning to 'ride this bike' but, like you mentioned, it has taken some time. What I have enjoyed so much is knowing just how loved I am by a woman that I know is the head of our marriage and controls what I am permitted/restricted. I find great peace in that knowledge as does she in knowing she has such control Blessings to you Ms Kathy

      Delete
  2. Not intending to bicker over semantics, but I wonder if the word "Ritual" might be better for what you're describing than the word "Symbols". I think that everything you're doing for Katie on a regular basis is, by definition, a ritual, and that these rituals "symbolize" the submissive that you are aand wish to be.

    I believe strongly in rituals and I feel that they're an important part of my husband's ongoing submission to me. It's interesting that you are initiating many of these rituals yourself, rather than having them imposed upon you by Katie. Hopefully, Katie will eventually initiate different rituals unilaterally, as I believe that will add to her sense of dominance and will undoubtedly be even more of a turn-on for you. It's one thing to suggest a ritual that she might like, and quite another when it comes directly from your Dom with no hinting or input from you. I'm sure you can see the difference.

    Good luck to both of you as you progress in the D/s dynamic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Lady Grey, I think rituals is a word that I could have used. What I was focusing on, and didn't make quite clear enough, is that the 'things I do, are things that I can visually see. To sit for an hour and look at her body while I massage it, to see myself walking her dinner to where she is sitting are visuals, that for me, reinforce the submissive I am.

      I do agree that to have her tell me what rituals (new expectations) would help her with becoming more dominant and me more submissive. She is one that is easily pleased and I dont' spends lots of time thinking 'what else can I have him do for me'. Not that I wouldn't wish she would :) but she has pretty much let me do more and more for her and has then held her ground in making sure I don't retreat in what I have agreed to do on her behalf. Love hearing your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  3. I'm Her's, what a beautiful story of intimacy, submission and a softly-spoken power exchange. What a great reminder for us subs to humbly and patiently serve, and to learn new and better ways of taking care if our superior women.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the complimentary words.I think you put it well when you called what I described as being 'softly spoken power exchange'. I think that typifies Katie fairly well. She isn't hardcore in her leadership, only lovingly firm and I don't try to test her either. I hope you are able to find similar ways of caring for your wife that pleases her. Take care friend.

      Delete