Sunday, February 16, 2014

Three Years!

An anonymous poster reminded me last week that this blog turned three this February.  That is a long time. I believe I’ve written about 260 posts during that period. That is a lot of words. It’s hard to believe I have had that much to say and to be honest I came close to calling it quits last year when I felt like I was all ‘worded’ out.
Writing this takes time. It takes work but I’ve enjoyed putting my thoughts down on paper.  When I first started I believe my desire to blog, something I’d never done previously, had more to do with an overflow of my excitement of finding submission. It was a revelation indeed and one that I wanted others to know about.  I’m sure if you read those early blogs it is filled with me ‘feeling’ submissive, me ‘wanting’ to serve Katie and me getting my emotional tank full more than here. I was simply excited in finding a woman that could take control of me like none other ever tried or did previously. There was much more verbage devoted to me being locked and how horny it made me and all of those other associated feelings that come from the ‘first time’ of doing this or trying that, or being made to do this.
Yet first times are exactly that – once and done experiences.  After one has done that same thing for the hundredth time it feels different. Really it becomes ones reality and once I had crossed that line and came to understand that I could live my life as a submissive to another woman and actually enjoy it, actually prefer it, the blog took on a different meaning for me.  Yes I want to share with you some of the day to day events that make up our lives so others might see how normal we are while living with Katie at the helm, but if I could challenge women – not men – to consider a wife-led-marriage - I’d feel the blog was successful. 
I am certain there are many more men that read this then women, yet my hope is that my words reach the females of the world that have a bla relationship, that feel life with their man is not what they hoped, that feel disappointed, even overburdened with the tasks of everyday life.  To you, I hope – I pray – that you’d read and read and read and come to understand that your life needn’t be ‘that’ way. You could have so much more and the blog world is replete with examples from both men and women that have found similar joy.
I don’t know how many more words I have left to type but as long as I have thoughts on this topic and a desire to keep posting I will. 
To those of you that have commented – thank you! I mean that. I really do. Thank you for sharing your thoughts for they inspire me. To those that stop by periodically to read – thank you! I appreciate your support and hope you might take time to add to the conversation.  It's really the conversation amongst others - agreeing or disagreeing - that adds to the content of what anyone has posted.  It's what keeps me going. It's what gives me ideas.  

To all - thank you.
I’m Hers

16 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your blog. I admire your skill to word your feelingscand thoughts. I thank you.

    appy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appy, you are a good man. Thank you for the kind words! Take care of that beautiful wife of yours!

      Delete
  2. I enjoy your blog and often read it to my wife. Hope you continue to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DLsKnight. Appreciate the encouragement

      Delete
  3. Congratulations. Your blog is a delight to read. Keeping any blog going for three years is a real achievement.

    I looked back today at your earliest posts and loved the excitement you shared about your early exploration of a D/s relationship and of how you and Katie began to establish the nature of what was to develop into a full Mistress/ sub marriage.

    As you know reading your blog over the last year, has helped me in encouraging my wife to take a more dominant role in our marriage. I am thrilled that her Valentine to me was from 'the world's luckiest mistress' - the first time she has used that term.

    Since re-reading your early blog posts, I am resolved to ask her to 'up her dominance' much in the way you asked this of Katie in the early days. Like Katie was, she is concerned not to 'hurt me' and not to come across as a 'bitch' and yet loves the fact she no longer cleans, washes, cooks etc. There have been times when I felt you made a rod for your own back by offering services to Katie that she wasn't demanding. Now I appreciate that sometimes we have to do this to encourage our ladies to grow in the confidence to demand more.

    I hope you will continue writing. But more crucially to keep the blog available. Though I understand Kathy's decision to remove the old posts from her FemDom101 blog it means none of us can read her posts on how to train a sub - for example, or any of her other pearls of wisdom. So for the sake of those who continue to come new to this way of living, please keep your blog intact. It's a fabulous resource.

    BTW there's an article in the weekend Guardian (UK) about how couples with equal relationships have less sex than those where housework and childcare are not shared. Big case for men submitting to their wives authority. Keep up the good work.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be the same article ('Does a More Equal Marriage Mean Less Sex?" by Lori Gottlieb that was published in the NY Times recently that I mentioned in a comment on this blog. I wrote a comment on the NY Times about FLRs but they never published it - I believe they are very picky about what they publish and are quite prudish in fact. FLR and FemDom is still very under the radar, taboo and not G-Rated enough for the NY Times apparently!

      Delete
  4. Congrats, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I think you are a sweetheart. Yes, it does take time to blog, but in many ways it is a rewarding experience. The strange part is that the more I write the more there is to say. The most difficult post to write is the first one after being quite for several weeks.

    Over time people change, relationships change. The relationship that John and I presently have is very different than it was even a couple of years ago. The early postings on Femdom 101 no longer represent who John and I have become as a couple. Because of the circumstances my personal introduction to femdom was much like taking off in a jet plane. For most women my earlier experiences and writings would have been more of a turn off. This would have been especially true for my daughter who is now a reader.

    My husband has been the center of my life for many years. I love him very much, and we are devoted to each other in ways that most couples could never understand. The mistress/ slave relationship works for us, but very few women would ever want to have 'something' of a slave for a husband. In a way talking about John as a slave husband defeats the purpose of the blog in that it turns women off to femdom.

    For me the reward of femdom has been the feeling of intimacy with John. Femdom has connected us as a couple. In looking back over the years we have been truly blessed. We have been blessed to have each other, and to have the freedom to live as we do. Femdom may not be accepted by society, but looking down from heaven, my thinking is that the good Lord approves.

    Love your blog. Love to hear men talk about love and feelings. We need more of that.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony, SOS KK and Kathy,
      Thanks for sharing. You all have been some of my die-hard contributers and I appreciate that you not only read this blog but also think about what I've written and take the time to provide input that adds even more. For that I am truly thankful. Tony, what more could a husband want that to receive a note in which she refers to herself as 'your mistress'. I would be beaming if I had heard/read that for the first time. I hope you thanked her for that. Thanks again all!

      Delete
  6. It was I who alerted you to your 3-year blog anniversary - happy to have done so. Happy 3 years, ImHers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, I'm Her's, and thank you very much for sharing your insight and for providing a place where powerful relationships can be nurtured. Well done, my friend!

    Now you better get back to ironing, cleaning and those other tasks Miss Katie rewarded you with for Valentine's Day!

    This morning I showed my wife your Valentine from Katie, and she got a big kick out of it. That is the is the first time I ever shared something from your blog with my wife, taking a big step in our journey of intimacy, love and joy.

    Our FLR is becoming quite natural for Mistress D and I, thanks to all the wisdom I've picked up from contributors here. So Happy Anniversary and continued success to you and Mistress Katie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more word of thanks from another wlm apprentice. I honestly know there is no way I would have ventured into this life change without the guidance of you and the rest of this blogging community.
      It sounds as if our situation may not be the model target you are aiming at; “challenge women – not men – to consider a wife led marriage” to determine success, but please don’t leave off there. My wife did not want me reading any of these blogs when I first introduced the subject of wlm to her through a copy of ‘Around Her Finger”, but her stance has slowly softened. It has now progressed to the point where I am allowed to cut and paste certain appropriate articles that I think she would be interested in, to her phone to read. This all took patience for her to be both comfortable with and confident in the way she handles things. Something I learned I must wait for through all of this reading.
      It does work, though. Just today she asked me if I could meet her for lunch at Culvers - ( www.culvers.com , incidentally, it's a really good place for vanilla). I met her at the door and asked if she could wait for a second or two while I went to the rest room to clean up before ordering. By the time I came out she was all done deciding what would be best for us to eat for lunch, had it paid for out of our family money which she solely controls and was waiting at the table with a cup aimed at me to fetch her a Root Beer. This is not the way it would have been one year ago in vanilla times, but I love it.

      Delete
    2. HerSub Scott and JT, I love your stories. I love that you guys share and feel free do do so here with me. Understand that its not that I don't wish to have a guy place to share and vent but that I feel there are many men wanting what you have but fewer women willing to go there and take the plunge. Its those that I hope to impact and in doing so, maybe there will be other men like us that will join this blogging group and post. Now that would be cool indeed.
      Thanks guys!

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on reaching this milestone with your blog. At this point, I can understand your questioning whether to continue. There's no question as to the vaIue of this blog to readers. I think you have to answer the question of whether the blog still serves a purpose to you and to Mrs Katie. I sincerely hope the answer is yes because I would certainly miss your perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishful4, I've every intention to keep on posting. If the dimentia doesn't set in I"ll be writing LOL - and if it does, well then everything will seem knew and fresh every day :)

      Delete