Friday, October 24, 2014

Sunday Is Not a Day of Rest

In her book Uniquely Rika, Rika states the importance of the wife setting up routines for her husband to follow. Her premise is that as routines are established, the submissive becomes more adept at accomplishing the chores set before him and can soon handle more over time – making the life of his dominant easier and less bound to the everyday tasks that often burden a woman.  I’ve found this to be quite true. I remember back in the beginning of our femdom relationship when I felt quite overwhelmed trying to accomplish the few things Katie had me do. But it didn’t take long before I learned to multitask, streamline what I had to do, group certain tasks together or simply become better and faster at them. 

A chore that has been added almost without my knowing is meal planning for the week ahead. We food shop on the weekend and it is my duty to make a food list and talk to Katie about what we will be eating for the next several days. My employment requires me to work a split-shift. I have some flexibility with my hours but generally my day begins a little after noon and ends in the evening. I cook Katie a hot breakfast daily. I can also make lunch or at least let her know of an easy one she can put together on her own later. Dinners are different. I'm almost never home by "dinner time". When I'm gone Katie once to be able to quickly heat up a meal with minimal effort. She doesn't like to cook and pretty much refuses to do so. I don’t like it when I call on my way home and here that she's had Cheerios for dinner. That doesn’t float my boat. So the weekend – and usually Sunday - is a day to think about the week ahead with regard to meal preparation and what I can make that will be satisfying, nourishing and easy to prepare.

Tonight (it's Sunday at the time of writing this post) I put together a crock pot meal that will serve us well for a few meals. Next week I’ll have to come up with a different menu item or two that can be stretched out over four or five days.  Since there are only two of us, eating leftovers has become the norm. Planning and making four or five dinners for the upcoming week doesn’t mean making five different meals.  It really isn’t that hard to do which goes back to the point Rika stated – that men become more efficient at their tasks, thus enabling them to do more for their wives and making the femdom marriage they live in more rewarding for the woman to which they serve. And personally, I have come to love the creative side of putting meals together, experimenting and trying new recipes - within the framework of what I know Katie will eat.  I really do love serving her and knowing I play a significant role in caring for her well-being.

I’m Hers

11 comments:

  1. Hi I'm Hers,

    Like you I love to cook for my wonderful Mistress and I take great pleasure in serving up a tasty meal. Does your fabulous Lady have a favourite? ?........... Also have you any idea what if anything has happened to Femdom 101? It seems to have gone quite on that front.
    Warmest regards to you both
    m



    ReplyDelete
  2. Femdom 101 Will be back. I am certain of that. She wouldn't leave without for saying goodbye. She's to graceful of southern woman to do that.

    Katie enjoys good meat and potato meals-being the farm girl that she is. I should have you over here. You are probably a much better cook than I am or will ever be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife still likes to cook so that's not something that I have to worry about at least not yet. Like you when we first started our FLR the amount of chores that I do now did seem a bit overwhelming at first laundry, cleaning bathrooms, washing all the floors ect. But know that I have a schedule and have learned the proper way to do them I actually enjoy it.There is nothing I love more than doing laundry at night while my wife is watching her favorite tv show or playing her favorite game on her computer. RR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RR, I read your comment to Katie specifically because of your mention of TV and computer game in the came sentence. Katie laughed knowing she too is one who will watch TV and play one of the free computer games on her laptop - sometimes while I stand and fold a pile of clothes on the nearby chair. Amazing how similar things can be between submissive men and their loving wives.

      Delete
  4. It certainly is hard work to serve our wives in the manner that gives them the most happiness, and like you, IH, I truly enjoy contributing to the health and well-being of my spouse. Donna wants me to serve her delicious healthy meals, to keep our finances in good shape, keep the house in good order and provide plenty of love, respect, obedience and pampering. I'm a better man for it, and also learning to use my time more wisely.

    I'm still struggling with that efficiency part, but I am getting pretty good at house keeping, meal planning, grocery shopping and cooking good healthy meals for my sweetheart.

    It was fun this morning when my wife asked me (well, I mean commanded me, of course) to come to her Weight Watchers meeting today. When the leader asked who I was, Donna introduced me as her "support system, personal shopper and personal chef." I felt very proud to be introduced that way, and I sensed that she was proud to have me there in that supporting role.

    Coincidentally enough, the leader was using the word "symbiotic" in her discussion about abilities and self-confidence. My wife whispered in my ear, "That's what we are ... our relationship is symbiotic." We exchanged glances and smiled, both knowing that my serving Donna and her taking command of me bring harmony to our marriage.

    I obey her and she sets clear and high expectations for me, and we both get what we need. My sweetie gets to spread her wings and we both grow closer in the process. I'm glad you quoted Rika, IH, because her advice seems to hold true in my marriage.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott, at least Donna used the word symbiotic when thinking of you rather than parasitic! Nice to know she isn't sucking the life out of you. I liked that she refers to you as her personal chef, that really is a nice compliment. I think Katie thinks of me more as someone the cooks for her rather than her chef - my cooking is too basic to be in the 'chef' category.

      Delete
  5. Yes, I am grateful for that! Thanks for the laugh, IH.

    The only thing that keeps me from cooking lousy meals is the use of cook books or by finding recipes online. My natural state is that of a poor shopper and an even worse cook, but I'm learning quite a bit from a collection Weight Watcher's cookbooks and mobile apps. It's all about transformation, right?

    Take care,

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a bunch of helpful house tips to get me to a better game for my Wife.
    Great post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to be of service :-). Thanks for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete