Monday, February 16, 2015

Purse Management

One of the tasks that have happened serendipitously has been purse management. It goes something like this.  We head to the car. I open the door and Katie gets inside and places her purse on the floor of the passenger seat. I hand her the car keys and close her door. After getting inside and buckling up we head out. Her purse is at my feet.
“I need my sunglasses.”  
I dig into the purse with chasms and voids so large that it sometimes amazes me that I can’t find something as large as sunglasses in a purse so small. There are four or five ‘sections’ in this particular purse – maybe more - and I frantically search for the glasses before she gets impatient and starts giving me directions as to where they might be located.
Before we get to the big box store, she will say, “Get out my membership card.” And the search for the card in her wallet commences.
“I need my mirror, lipstick and compact. Get them out.” I do.
When we stop she will check her makeup and hand the items back to me to put in the zippered makeup compartment of her bag. As soon as the sunglasses, mirror and makeup items are handed me, and I pass on the membership card she gives me the car keys When she exits the car I hurry out on the passenger side with keys stowed in my pocket and her purse in hand. Once I catch up, the purse is exchanged and in we go.
At a restaurant for lunch we will usually order unsweet tea and Katie prefers a natural sweetener to add just a bit of sweetness to it. She keeps a small coin purse in per pocketbook filled with packets of Stevia and it’s my job to make sure that small purse never gets empty. When the stash runs low I’ll be told to refill it when home.
At our favorite restaurant we are able to purchase discount cards from a nearby big box store. Spending $40 will get us a card worth $50. When these offers are available Katie spends a few $100 in cards to get us through the year and save us some money in the process.  When it’s time to pay she’ll say, “Get out the gift card. Make sure we use up the partially used once first.” 
Now Katie is a card stasher. She has a million cards in her wallet. CVS, Target, Big Box stores, Credit, Debit, Gas, Gift cards, and who knows what else but she’s got a lot.  I’ll eventually find the restaurant card with a receipt wrapped around it from the last time we used it. Checking that receipt I can look at what I’ve written previously to see if we have enough cash on the card to pay our current bill. If not, I’ll retrieve an unused card to supplement what the   come two cards. The bill is paid, the balance on the now used card is written down on the new receipt and the card is put away with the others.
When we run errands I am sometimes told to find a coupon or get out a receipt.  Those commands require a deep search for the desired piece of paper that might be mixed in with lots of other receipts, papers, and coupons that are all somewhat organized and somewhat scattered in the many compartments.
If she wants her reading glasses, breath mints, gum, cash or coin change for a toll it can all be found somewhere in this most amazing of women’s accessories.  It’s my job to make sure I can produce what she wants, when she wants it and do so without really making her purse my purse.  Things need to be put where she wants them and not where I think they should be.  It’s all a part of my life as her submissive and to be honest – I love taking care of her.
I’m Hers

18 comments:

  1. Finally I have found something that one of us does that the other is does not. I still think we are very similar in the happiness we have for taking care of our respective wives, but thankfully, Mistress prefers that I drive and that she manages her own purse.

    Great to hear from you my friend. Tell Katie that Mistress K. and I said hello.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SHIP! I'm sure there are quite a few things that differ but I know what you mean as to how similar we are as subs/dommes. I opened your comment with Katie at my side and read your comment including the 'greetings from you and Mistress K. Too bad we live so far from one another! Well, maybe not. Katie and Mistress K might commiserate and that might be bad for you and I :).

      As an aside, we have a fraction of an inch of snow on the ground and the entire afternoon newscast is about 'the storm' that is about to hit. Funny how they view snow here in the south! But I got a day off of work as a result and so I'm a happy camper.

      Delete
    2. IH, yes, I am sure there are plenty of differences too, but you "smell what I'm cookin". I think it is too bad that we live so far apart. It seems to me that if Katie and Mistress K aren't commiserating type, but rather the "cool chick collaborating" type, and would get along famously ... and that could be fun. ;-)

      I know you've probably looked at the weather, so I won't be an eh-hole and rub it in, but we are right in the prime season here in the Valley of the Sun and it couldn't be more spectacular. But, we have our weather scares too. Yesterday, Mistress K. and I was sitting under the cabana in the back yard when a warm breeze caused a palm frond to slide along the steel roof ..... and it startled us.

      Delete
  2. Perhaps you could ask for permission to re organize her purse so that you will easily locate items. Once you know where they are, it would be easy for you to,retrieve items and she would not be loosing patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All Hers, Nice idea .... but..... I only 'manage' her purse when I am with her and since she uses it much more while alone than together, reorganizing it would mean she would have to learn where I put things and that wouldn't work - no matter how much she would appreciate the effort. I need to learn where she puts things and not vice versa. Now, maybe if I am retired and with her most of the time I will ask if I can do exactly what you suggested. Thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  3. It is quite amazing how much one can fit inside a purse and how difficult can be to find the particular item without upending the contents, unless of course it is actually residing in another purse altogether and that I should have instinctively known to look there says well. DtBHC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DtBHC, Managing TWO purses! I think I'd need an advanced degree. Fortunately she mostly uses one at a time, changing purses as the seasons change. Only when we dress up and go out does she downsize to a smaller compact purse. I love managing 'that' purse. Hope all is well DtBHC

      Delete
    2. There can be up to three within the week at times.

      Delete
  4. No "please", no "thank you", just straightforward orders from Katie. Ah, it's music to my ears. Katie and sub hub's Mistress do indeed have much in common:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow and steady..... we keep plodding along and making headway. I'm glad I could compose music for you to enjoy! You're the best.

      Delete
  5. I'm happy to see you at the ready, IH, managing the purse so that you can deliver what Katie wants when she wants it! It's fun how little things like that can keep a marriage properly balanced, tilting heavily in her favor, of course.

    When we are in the car, Donna prefers that I drive so that she can check her email, view facebook and news updates and play her favorite podcasts. My job is to focus on getting us to the destination safely and efficiently while she catches up on things. If I take a route that Donna thinks is not the most direct or fastest, my sweet Goddess will let me know about it! Regarding the big box store, if I don't have my card out and ready to present the moment we enter, Donna will not be pleased. :-)


    She does expect me to keep her properly supplied with chewing gum, cough drops, tissue and fresh glasses of water. At home of course, when Donna issues a statement like, "My wine glass is empty." I hop up to fill it, smile and tell her I'm sorry I let that happen!" She'll state "My glasses are dirty." and I'm expected to clean them right away. She might say "I'm chilly." and I'll bring her a blanket, sweater or start a fire in the fireplace. Then I head back to the kitchen to finish preparing dinner.

    I love that woman for letting me know what she needs. I try my best to anticipate and deliver those things ahead of time for Donna, but it is fun when she finds a shortcoming and feigns anger or wickedly glowers at me. This morning, I was buffing up a pair of brown dress boots for her to wear and Donna walked into the room holding a different pair of boots. She smiled and laughed, knowing that her selection meant that I would now be racing to put a nice shine on those other boots. It was a fun laugh together. I don't get whipped or spanked, but I do get toyed with in my efforts to cherish and obey Donna.

    Best regards to you and Katie!

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott,
      Please don't fret because I answered "m's" comment before yours. His was easier to do so and I was able to do so via my cell. Yours takes more time and thought - so look at this from that perspective..... you wise ole man you.

      You know, I love your stories - those little glimpses at life with you and Donna. I like the 'feigning anger' and the laugh when she brings you another pair of shoes to polish after you guessed wrong. I love the little morsels she feeds you as reminders - the "my glasses are dirty and my wine glass is empty".

      Now me, being the science buff I am was trying to help my wife this morning. She was all congested lying in bed just before we got up. I stated, "you know, a nice orgasm will relieve your congestion." She didn't buy it but she knows it does. A month ago we were discussing this and low and behold someone on an afternoon TV show asked Dr. Oz the very question.... it's all about the fight or flight response and adrenaline release. I guess she didn't feel a need for an internal release and opted for Afrin instead. Rats! Have a great week.
      Til we meet again :)

      Delete
  6. Hi I'm Hers,

    Quick question Femdom 101?

    Regards
    m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many thanks I'm Hers, If it's ok I will send you a quick email over the weekend, is it ok to use the email shown at the top of your page?
    Regards
    m

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you are out there, Miss Kathy, we love you.

    Hope you and your family are doing well, and we look forward to seeing you back on your blog at Femdom 101 again.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Its Dan, I'm back finally. But I've been keeping up with you the whole time. Re-posting the blog at this time (servingellie.blogspot.com). Anyway most of the time Ellie prefers that I drive so I can't do much in the way of purse management. She does however often have me hold her purse while she is browsing and shopping. I do enjoy holding her purse for her. I get some interesting looks from other male shoppers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dan, Welcome back from oblivion. I'm glad to hear you and Ellie are still living in bliss. I'll do my best to catch up on your blog. You know, I'd be the driver too if Katie didn't get car-sick checking her emails, reading her iphone or reading a book. She does and so she leaves all t hat stuff for me to do and drives - and feels safer driving than being next to me where I will sometimes see her press her right foot to the floor as if she is stepping on the brake, or grab my thigh when she feels as if I'm getting to close to a car. It must be the city driver in me that she doesn't like but for whatever reason I've been booted out of the drivers seat and into the co-pilot one. Give my regards to your lovely Ellie!

      Delete