Saturday, March 28, 2015

I'm Watching You

Some time ago I wrote a post asking how other dommes and subs use their smart phones as a part of their D/s relationship.  I got a few responses that were helpful.  Since that time Katie and I have made use of our phones in various ways.  Mostly we use, or more specifically, I use the calendar function. My phone serves as her appointment book.  I keep track of her hair appointments, work schedule, workout times, medical appointments, our travel plans, etc.  In addition my notebook app is often used to keep track of the grocery shopping I need to do. Anything in which there is a date to remember, or items to purchase at some later time is recorded on the calendar or notepad apps.  When I add an item I'll ask if she wants to be reminded and if so, how much alert time she wants.  My phone is filled with such Katie appointments.

One responder to that initial post referred me to a free app called Chorma.  I use it often - not lots but enough. Katie will assign certain chores on that app that will alert me on the day that they are to be done. She's only added a few - laundry, vacuuming, sweeping, organizing her meds/vitamins for the week. She could add more but what she has put on there really helps. I am a routine guy so the more I can stick to a routine the more efficient I can be. I wish she'd add more, not to overwhelm me but to keep me on a schedule that helps me assist her by keeping the house in order.  The chores she has assigned are weekly ones but adding monthly or bi-annual ones like cleaning the fridge or scrubbing the floor would be beneficial for both of us. 

I discovered her use of another app more recently. The other day I was driving home - I believe it was a few days before Valentine’s Day.  I wanted to sneak into a store to pick up something and Katie just happened to ask me to get something at that same store.  I stayed there for quite a while - maybe 30 minutes - much longer than it would have taken to pick up the single item she wanted me to get.  When I got home she asked, "What took you so long in that store?"

I smiled and gave her some dismissive comment but she then added, "I was watching you on my phone. You got there at 9:05 and didn't leave until 9:38."

My eyes widened. She was watching me.  As it turned out, my son told her about a feature that allows you to track your friends. Katie paired my phone with hers and now she can track me. The feature is quite nice and will locate the other phone within a few yards/meters.  Since that time Katie has reminded me that she had been watching where I was on my drive home from work.  I like that. I like that feature lots.  I like knowing that she can see me even when we are apart. I like knowing that I can't go off and deviate from what she wants.  Now  it's not like I want to stray and go somewhere that I shouldn't and it's not that she's ever used this or any of the other apps maliciously but knowing that the technology is available to her does have an effect of keeping thoughts of independence from gaining a foothold in my subconscious

Of course there is 'facetime' and she has used that on occasion.  The phone will ring and I'll see that I'm getting a facetime call from her.  What a monitoring service that offers the dominant!  She can simply call me, and if she wants can have me pan my phone so she can see exactly where I am or who is with me.  Pretty scary stuff but for one in a healthy D/s marital relationship the knowledge of her ability to do these kinds of - checking up on you - calls helps ensure we remain in a healthy D/s loving relationship.

I use a 'Days Lite' app that I use to keep track of my days in denial. Sometimes I will send Katie a picture of the days since my last orgasm, just to enlighten her but mostly that app is for me.  It serves as a reminder of the number of days since the last time and as those days mount, reminds me that I am not an independent man but rather one who is owned.  Ahh, I like knowing I am owned.  I like it lots!

Again, if there are other apps or ways your Dominant uses I'd love to hear your thoughts.


I'm Hers

Post Script: since writing this post a few weeks ago Katie texted me while I was at work, "where are you?" I saw her text some ten minutes later and responded, "at work". She responded, "no exactly where are you?" Later that afternoon she told me that her phone told me I was on the other side of the highway. I wasn't. Really I wasn't. I mention that for two reasons. First because she was checking on me in the middle of the day - something she now does often. Second, because the locator function on the phone isn't as accurate as it says it is - at least not all the time.

19 comments:

  1. If your phone is an Android, Airdroid will give her the ability to turn your camera on anytime she wants to and see what it is showing (video), without your being aware.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. subguyinAtl, It is amazing what technology can do. Unfortunately we have Iphone 5c's which probably don't do that - or at least I'm not aware that they can. Of course I'm pretty ignorant with what these hand-held computers can do so I may be wrong.

      As an aside.... I appreciate you stopping by to comment and hope you do so again.
      Thanks for the tip. Maybe it will help other Mistress' that do have Androids.

      Delete
    2. How do you do that? I know about Android device manager for whereabouts but turning on the camera? how do you do it? J

      Delete
    3. Subguy, is there an app that allows use of the camera for Android? I already track messages and location. Device manager is pretty good for that, only the intervals are 4 minutes or so. Thanks, J

      Delete
  2. This is a very interesting blog post and it is something that I might consider in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Georgina, I would think your husband would welcome the intrusion on his privacy. You aren't doing anything wrong by keeping track of him but rather making sure he is where he says he is or supposed to be. It's about trust which builds intimacy indirectly. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Hey IH, the family sharing function that "Serving Ellie" was referring to is on the newer iPhone 5 or 6. I love his idea of giving her the ability to put things on his "to do" list. I can't do it cause I still have the old iPhone 4. Maybe I can talk her into letting me get a newer iPhone 5 like she has so we can do family sharing between phones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishful4,
      I think I've got it figured out. Katie can't remember her Apple ID so we are at a stopping point until she can remember/find that info. Thanks for the help.... we do have 5C's so it is possible to do this if we can find that info.

      Delete
  4. iPhone location services use three technologies (from most to least precise): GPS, WiFi location and cell tower location. GPS requires clear line of site to the sky, but provides very precise locations. Cell tower triangulation uses the registered locations of the cell towers, but the location isn't very accurate. WiFi location uses an Apple-maintained database that catalogs the locations of WiFi networks. It CAN be very precise (even indoors) if the database is accurate. You can help keep the database up-to-date by placing your phone in an area that will get GPS reception, and can also see your work's WiFi network. Then use Apple maps, and locate yourself. Leave this active for at least a few minutes. Apple will eventually incorporate the GPS/WiFi correlation into its database. It can help to do this in more than one location if your office is large.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous, that makes more sense. The times when Katie's phone is inaccurate is when I am inside a building, and am not connected to the wireless. That would make her phone rely on cell tower location and it always has me about 2-400 yards from where I actually am. Interesting.
      Thanks for the info as I can tell you know your cell data 'stuff'.

      Delete
  5. Whew, at first I thought you were watching us through your blog, IH. You’d probably cringe at what you saw!

    I’m glad that Katie can check up on your whereabouts and see how you are doing on your task list. That kind of love can keep a person from drifting off course physically and mentally; so well-done to the marvelous Katie.

    Warm regards,

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott, unfortunately watching you through my laptop has not been on my 'bucket' list. Sorry about that. I think I'll keep it off for the present anyway. Wanted you to know that. Katie does keep a close watch on me. I am certain Donna does the same with you. Enjoy the supervision!

      Delete
  6. You are scrude dude. LOL. Enjoy dealing with her new found ability to monitor you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you monitor her? I do. Supper is always on the table at the proper temp, every time. JT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only monitor by asking if "she needs anything" or "is everything's ok?"

      Delete
  8. I monitor his location for Android and I also monitor his text/ phone activity. he does not know it. since he broke my trust last year it is something I need to do. It does give me the ability to call him at opportune times and ask him what he is doing. J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you J. You are wise to do this.

      Delete
  9. Really interesting post I'm Hers. i have suggested something similar to Owner in the past i.e. the use of tracking/monitoring apps but She stated She didn't feel the need to monitor. However, we do use Trello for Her to post and me to update all my tasks, activities, expenditure to etc that She can monitor, which She does. i update daily and we have found it really useful. To me a monitoring app would be he next logical step, we shall see!

    p
    x

    ReplyDelete