Friday, June 19, 2015

Why Blog? Why Read? Why Comment?

I was up putting laundry away tonight when the topic came to mind. Just prior, I was checking the sidebar of my blog to see if any new posts had gone up recently. It was probably the forth of fifth time I did so today. I enjoy reading what others have to say, regardless of whether or not I agree with them.  I also enjoy writing posts although I sometimes struggle with coming up with meaningful things to say.  I was thinking about ya’ll and why do you read? Probably for the same reason I read. Why do some of you comment? Probably for the same reason I write.

I believe we do this because we need the support of one another. I write because I want to convey to others that this way of living is truly wonderful. I wouldn’t trade my life as Katie’s submissive for anything. I texted her not more than an hour ago, “I love having you as my Mistress. I love being your sub,” and she responded, “I love my sub.” We are passionately in love and much of our connection has to do with me obeying and her leading.

There are far too many marriages falling apart because two individuals who were once very much in love are no longer. Their lives have slowly taken divergent paths. They don’t talk the way they once did. They don’t enjoy one another the way they did years before. They don’t see eye to eye; they argue more; make love less, and generally aren’t has happy just being together as they were during that first year after they married.

I’ve received many emails – mostly from men, but not all, who have partners/spouses who they want to submit to or dominate but don’t have a receptive partner. There is nothing wrong with a man submitting – obeying – listening to – loving – deferring to – his wife. Let me repeat – there is nothing wrong with that at all. So many women don’t want to hear that and yet I dare say there is not a woman that doesn’t want to be listened to, valued, and have her ‘honey-do’ list completed. Isn’t that a form of domination? In my mind it is. Why not take the plunge and embrace all you really want – control and a husband that wants to be close to you, wants to listen to you, wants to love you and wants to treat you like he did while you two were dating?

I’m getting off track, but leave it to say that I write to share my life with Katie BECAUSE I want to entice others on the fence to consider a similar relationship. I hope you read blogs in order to gain support, encouragement, comfort and hope that you can, or might someday, live a similar life. We all need the support of others. I hope this blog and others like it support you. I also find support by the comments you make. I love reading your comments – even when you lambaste me for dumb things I say or for things for which you disagree.  That’s OK.  I often tell Katie, “Can I read you a comment from Scott?” or “I think RR and I would get along well.” Or “ut-oh, Lady Grey wrote something!” or, “Hey Katie. Kathy commented on a post,  or, or, or. 

There are so many of you that I call ‘friends’ because of your repeated visits. There are a few others that have come and gone and I wish would come back. Know that you are not just writing to me but to all that read. On an average day 500-1000 people will visit this page. Think about that. Your comments can also influence others.

Thanks for giving me an audience. Thanks for sharing. To the hundreds of you that don’t – your thoughts have value – and I wish you would consider joining the discussions.

Have a wonderful weekend!


I’m Hers.

12 comments:

  1. I for one really appreciate your blog. I appreciate as much for what it isn't as I do for what it is. I know a lot of others do as well. I don't comment as often as I should but I read every post. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I feel the same way about your blog. Thanks Mr. Ellie!

      Delete
  2. Carolina CyclistJune 20, 2015 at 7:43 AM

    Since I have found your blog I find myself here every day. You do an excellent job writing. MrsL and I are in many ways like you and Katie. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send my greetings to Mrs L as well and I do hope you take the time to post again. Happy father's day!

      Delete
  3. Hi IH, I think you are right. We are all in need of support and encouragement from time to time and what better place to have it than here. I love your blog and look forward to every post. Of all your posts, the ones I enjoy the most is when you share your feelings with us. Whether you are down, up, doubtful, or ecstatic, I enjoy them all. Like others, I don't comment all that much if I don't feel I can add something to the discussion, but I still enjoy reading. Please don't ever doubt that your blog is helping other trying to live this lifestyle. It most certainly does. Have a great weekend and enjoy serving your wonderful Mrs Katie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wishful4, I think I feel the same when I read others stories as well. I can identify with them when they open up and share that emotional side of their life and feeling and thoughts. I'll keep that in mind. Hope you have a wonderful Father's Day! and thanks for the times you do post. Always enjoy hearing from you.

      Delete
  4. I have always enjoyed your blog as it was one of the first I starting reading when my wife and I began our FLR .I do feel that our relationships mirror each other somewhat maybe because of age or faith not sure but I have shared many of your posts with my wife that we have both enjoyed. I have always said you have a gift of putting your thoughts in writing and as long as you keep posting I will always keep reading. I think you have more friends on here than you know. Take care.. RR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RR, Thanks for the kind words RR. Know I love you stories and thoughts as well. I still have thought about the discussion your wife had with your daughter about the loan off and on for the past week or so. Interesting how a passing comment can trigger such a frequent memory at the oddest times. You are an encouragement to me! Thanks and have a wonderful Father's Day!

      Delete
  5. Hi IH i enjoy the solidarity i feel with you. Men in love with their wives and expressing it through obedience and submission. Thanks to you and your Mistress Katie my Mistress and i have become grounded in this smazing lifestyle. Our thanks go to Mistress Kathy as well. How is it that every couple dont rush to get their collar leash and husband registration papers! I kind of like the fact that while we are in opposite ends of the globe our experiences are the same hearts is hearts. Im hoping that we will see a wave of FLR across our communities and people like you two and Kathy will be caalysts in your orn small way. Spank on i say! Love from Mistress Di and steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve and Mistress Di,
      I'm glad this blog and others can be an encouragement to you and your Mistress. I find other blogs to be an encouragement to me as well. I do agree there is a small wave of mail submission taking place in our world. I don't know how big it is but I do think it is there and it is growing. That is exciting-not so much because women are becoming more dominant-but because I believe it provides a better chance for marriages is to succeed. I wish you and your Mistress well, wherever you live, and do hope you continue to read and stop by periodically to make comments as you see fit.
      Thanks again for sharing

      Delete
  6. Interesting, I finally have a few minutes to write a quick post, and this topic is related to what I will be posting about. The short answer is that we have struggled with communication - especially about sex. The original purpose of me blogging was to communicate my fantasies/desires to my wife. I think it served that purpose for a time.

    I enjoyed hearing from others that have similar sexual fantasies. It made me fell a little more "normal". I do enjoy receiving comments on my posts, and I do comment on others where I feel I can add some encouragement or add a different perspective.

    When it became less about communicating to my wife, it was more like a therapeutic diary for me. I like to write, and I like to reflect on our sex life.

    Our culture is kinda funny. There is sex everywhere around is, and most people recognize that sex is a vital component to a healthy marriage, it still feels taboo to actually discuss that my wife and I have sex. We do. It's actually been getting much better since I "opened up" to her about my submissive desires. We share a level of intimacy now that I couldn't imagine years ago.

    Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing LtS. I thought you made a good point - that blogging helps you and your wife communicate better. One of the things I do is to have Katie read and approve every post I put up. In doing so it helps Katie understand my head, my thoughts and what I'm thinking about at the time. We sometimes talk about what I've written - mostly we don't but every now and then we'll get into a good discussion. I imagine it works similarly for you as well. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete