Friday, June 30, 2017

A Call from the Local Bank

It's been awhile since last posting. I'm alive. I'm well. I've just not had much desire to write lately.  Katie has also been keeping me busy with life around the home and away.  


A few weeks ago Katie received a call from a woman who worked at the local bank we use asking if she wanted to sign up for their rewards credit card. Katie is happy with the card we have and politely declined her offer. She told me about the call sometime later that day or the next.

Today it became my job to unpack our belongings after a long vacation trip. For as much as I love to go places the packing and unpacking is a job I’d rather not do. It’s a necessary evil but one that needs to be attended to. Unpacking and then vacuuming Katie’s car, sorting through our suitcases to either wash or put away her and my clothes, and finding homes for all the items that we took was something that kept me busy all morning and part of the afternoon. 

While folding wash in the bedroom my phone rang. I saw that it was a local call and answered it. It was a woman from the local bank. It took but a few seconds to recall Katie’s story of the credit card offer. I waited as she explained her two reasons for calling. First to compliment me on my great banking history with them. I smiled thinking, “I have a checking account of which I write one and only one check every month. I don’t put funds into that account, my wife does – transferring the same amount every month for me to write that single check.”  I waited for her to tell me the second reason for her call – the reason I already knew was coming.

“At xyz bank, we’d like to offer you a rewards credit card……” she said and then went on to ask me if I wanted to hear more.

“Ma’am, my wife handles all of our finances. She gives me a credit card that I am permitted to use for specific purchases. It’s not my call to accept or not accept your offer. That’s something my wife takes care of but I do believe someone from the bank spoke with her a few weeks ago. If I’m not mistaken, she’s quite pleased with the card she uses now.”

To my surprise the professionally sounding woman giggled! Her giggle made me grin although I don’t think I conveyed that to her. We said our goodbyes and I went back to folding laundry.
I found Katie downstairs.

“I got that call from our bank asking if I wanted the credit card. I told her you make those decisions and handle all of our finances.”

“That’s about right,” she said.

“And she giggled when I told her you did!”

Katie smiled, returned her attention to whatever it was she was doing and I went back to check on the other load of wash still needing tending


I’m Hers.

......................................

On another note I saw this commercial. Does the gentleman in this commercial appear to be submissive or what?  The commercial made me smile.  

5 comments:

  1. It's those subtle moments of submission and revealing our submission that make our lives sweet. I'll bet the rest of your chores that day were a bit easier to get through. Thanks for sharing
    vic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. vic, I had (and have) no issue with letting others know who is in charge of our marriage. What surprised me was the laugh by the caller. It really surprised me. I guess my answer to her question about me getting a credit card surprised her - hopefully in a positive way. It was one of those two minute blips in an otherwise working day. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  2. Hi IH,

    A neat little post and one I can and do relate to.
    Like you said, during the course of a day , I get several of these types of calls. Some from local businesses and others some variance of phone solicitation, some good and some bad.
    With most, I tell them that my wife is in charge of such things and that I will gladly give her a message if they wish to leave one.
    Used to, I could detect a pause or change in their voice when they continued but, not so much anymore.
    Maybe it is becoming more accepted. (?)
    With the ones that are just solicitations that I know she would not have an interest, I just handle them for her by saying I will not waste her time with it.
    Most of the local businesses and contractors with which we deal, already know to ask for her and/or leave her a message when they hear my voice.
    This is one of those things in which I take pride but, it is still is fun when someone new learns a little of our way of living.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DLsK! Isn't it nice to simply state the obvious to others - that men like you and I follow in the path of our lovely wives? I can't help but watch TV, watch other couples shopping or interacting and see a shift in leadership in the genders.
      Like you, I take pride in supporting my mistress. She's the best and I find such satisfaction in being 'that guy' for her. Thanks again for taking the time to post.

      Delete
  3. Yesterday I was home alone and as normal I was wearing the collar my wife wants me to wear when at home. No problem. In the afternoon I decided to leap on my mountain bike and go for a ride around my little coastal town
    I forgot to take off the collar and I received a lot of attention. A middle aged woman pointed me out to her friend and I could see them having a discussion. No mirth or disrespect. Just curiosity I guess.
    Eventually I realised I was still collared. To my surprise I felt comfortable and proud to be wearing my wife's collar. I cycled on with a smile. My wife laughed when I told her but said she was pleased with me. Whether our neighbours saw me we have yet to learn

    ReplyDelete